chickchesters is a community dedicated to the discussion of the monsters, demons, horror movie cliches, and pop culture references in The WB's series Supernatural.
This is not a community for the discussion of Jensen Ackles, Jared Padalecki, or their characters relative hotness. We all have eyes. We've seen the pretty. There are other communities out there for that reason (raise your hand if you want your community to be named here).
In the course of an episode of Supernatural, two horror movie nerds had a conversation. Though most of it has been lost to the annals of time, it went something like this:
packyrsuitcases: Not all Tarot cards use the same imagery... packyrsuitcases That's just random generalisation. antheia: True. antheia: Actually, theirs are different than the standard. antheia: Thus proving that what the Winchester brothers need? Is us. antheia: I am so down for hanging out in hotel rooms, smacking 'em upside the head, and hiding from danger. packyrsuitcases: What a perfect way to kill the show... Introduce a couple of know-it-all Chickchesters.
And so this community was born.
How it works:
1. Posting access is closed to the moderators to save your friendslist from an unnecessary deluge. (Don't ask for posting privileges. You won't get them.)
2. There will be a single post for each episode from the marywinchester journal. Each post will contain information about the relevant topics. Example: Plot. Monsters. Demons. Horror Movie Clichés. Pop Culture References. Quotes. Useful Links. [More to be added as necessary].
The comments on episode placeholder posts will be locked until the episode has been reviewed.
3. Information will be gathered both from the episodes and from member contributions through the comments. (Credit will be given in instances of the latter.)
4. There will be a separate post for spoilers from upcoming episodes and there WILL be spoilers for all episodes that have been aired in the United States. All details regarding episodes will be posted behind a cut. So, don't get your knickers in a twist if you read them. You have been warned.
5. One of the moderators (packyrsuitcases and antheia) will post an update once a week (day to be determined) about what's happening in the active episode posts.
If you have any questions or want to affiliate please email either of us: packyrsuitcases - packyrsuitcases [at] livejournal [dot] com antheia - baby [dot] jayne [at] gmail [dot] com marywinchester - [moderation journal] mommywinchester [at] gmail [dot] com